Schedule an appointment at the Writing Center. Please read the following before making an appointment:
- In accordance with the university’s COVID-19 response, all appointments are now via online video. Click here for more information.
- If you have a draft, please attach it to your appointment on the appointment screen. If you would like to attach a file at a later time, log into our scheduling system, open your appointment, and click “edit appointment.”
- All appointments begin at the top of the hour and last a maximum of 50 minutes. Students who fail to join their online appointment by 10 minutes past the hour will be considered no-shows.
- To cancel an appointment more than 24 hours prior to your scheduled time, use our scheduling system. To cancel with less than 24 hours before your appointment, please call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To get on the wait-list for an appointment, simply click on the link below each day’s hours (to the right of your screen on the schedule). You will receive an automated email notifying you of any appointments that become available.
- Graduate students should sign up with one of our senior or graduate tutors (these are indicated on the schedule).
- Anyone working on application materials should sign up with one of our senior or graduate tutors (these are indicated on the schedule).
- If you are working on a take-home exam, you may make your appointment as normal, but we will need written permission from your instructor if it is not explicitly stated on the course syllabus or the exam prompt. Instructors should email email@example.com before the time of your appointment.
- PLEASE NOTE: All times on our scheduling system are in CENTRAL TIME (St. Louis time).
Although we believe a face-to-face conversation is the best way for us to support writers, we also know scheduling a tutorial during our open hours can be challenging for some students, particularly for University College students with other obligations during the day. In order to make our services more accessible, we offer an Email Tutoring option. University College students working on coursework can submit drafts online, and one of our tutors will read it carefully and respond with thoughtful, constructive feedback within three business days. If you are a University College student and would like to submit a draft, please click here.