Although we believe face-to-face conversations are the best way for us to support your writing, we know that scheduling a tutorial during our open hours can be more of a challenge for University College students, so we are piloting email tutoring services in which students submit writing online and receive written feedback from one of our tutors.
To make sure we can develop this new service sustainably, and that we can give your writing the same level of care and attention in our Email Tutorials as we do in our face-to-face sessions, currently we are only accepting submissions from University College students working on coursework.
Please read the following before you request Email Tutoring:
- Just like our face-to-face sessions, Email Tutorials are time limited. Our tutors will only be able to read and respond to writing that is no longer than 6 pages (double-spaced).
- The tutor will read your work and email you with feedback, paying particular attention to your goals and concerns.
- Your tutor will help you identify 1 or 2 revisions that can significantly strengthen your work. Just like in our face-to-face tutorials, we will not be able to comment on every aspect of your draft in a single session.
- A tutor will respond with thoughtful, constructive feedback within three business days. Please send your draft well before its due date so that you have time to revise.
- When you submit your draft, our staff will reply that we’ve received it and let you know when you can expect feedback. We can only check our e-submissions during regular business hours (Monday-Friday), so if you submit writing after hours, you may not get a confirmation response until the next business day. Please note that submissions after we close on Fridays will not receive confirmations until the following Monday.
- While we wish we could respond to every submission, we may not be able to during our busiest times. If we are not able to accommodate your request, we will let you know as soon as possible.
- Please fill out our request form carefully so that we can understand your project and your concerns.